Friday, July 29, 2011

Great Nana

Tonight I get to go see this sweet lady...


I am going to spend the night with my Grandma..or as the boys call her Great Nana :)  I am looking forward to spending a girls night with her...getting her help with hemming some new pants...and just having some good girl talk.  I love my grandma...she is one tough cookie.  She is 96 years young, a war bride from Belvedere, Kent UK, and sharp as a tack.  She fell in March and broke her shoulder so she has had a long road of surgery and recovery and rehabilitation but she has been back at home for the last 3 weeks with my mom taking care of her the best that she can.   This is mom and grandma at her first trip out to a restaurant after getting out of the hopsital/rehab....

So sweet

Grammie (Kevin's mom) and G (Great Grandma G) were here this week to watch the boys while Dad prepared for a procedure that was scheduled today to help his Parkinson's.  It's part of a study at Wake Forest and they were going to deliver a dna power punch to the core of his brain to try to help his body produce the dopamine it needs..So while he and Cheryl were busy with appointments, Grammie and G have kept the boys entertained all week.  Dad's procedure ended up needing to be postponed a few months and we were pretty disappointed, but God knows a better plan, and is clearly guiding this all ...so we just wait for his timing on all this. 

A funny this week....The boys were brushing their teeth with me and G standing behind them at the bathroom sink.  Davis turns around and says "see my teeth G?" and she says yes and then he says " show me your teeth G" she goes "do what?"  and them Matthew says "yeah we wanna see your teeth" so I know what's getting ready to happen...and should have stopped them to get my video camera...so she says under her breath "well, alright but i gotta get them out first" and I don't think they really heard or understood the full meaning of her words b/c in 2 seconds flat she slipped out her teeth and held them up in front of her! LOLOL  Davis said "AAHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKK!" and Matthew just stood there eyes as big as saucers like OMG!!! I died laughing...like thought I was going to pee myself I was laughing so hard...hilarious.  I love G...she is just the sweetest thing in the world.  Her short term memory has gotten so bad though she will ask you the same question every 5 minutes...the other day it was about her clothes and her suitcase.  "Did I bring my clothes" Yes G you sure did, they are right upstairs in your suitcase ....5 minutes later "Did I pack my suitcase and bring it to your house?" you sure did G...bless her heart. I just love her so much.  Here is one of  my favorite pics of her when the boys were little...can't get to one more recent right now....
Isn't she beautiful?  Yeah...I was attempting to go dark with my color back then..chocolate thunder anyone?  lol
and another favorite of her and the boys - this one was at T's house...that swing used to be at G's house when T and Grammie were little girls :)


Shawn and Jen got married  a few weeks ago and it was beautiful wedding on a big boat at Lake Lanier Islands GA.  We had so much fun.  I was really worried beforehand b/c there were so many places I could just picture the boys jumping off into the Lake! LOL But it was all good in the end and the boys did so great in the wedding...I need to get those pics on here soon.  Shawn and Jen gave the boys these cool Spider Man backpacks for being in the wedding...they LOVE them.  Davis had to take his to the wedding on the boat. Here they are at Dad & Cheryl's showing them off before going to water day at summer camp...





Well, I'll be at Great Nana's until tomorrow evening...the boys will have swim lessons tomorrow and hang with Daddy all day..hope they have a good day and that Kevin has his patience turned on...they love to test him more than me I think!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

OK, we got to talk about this font lol. Now its big and childlike??? Come on pootie poo, I liked your old font, but it was a little small :)!